Big Ass Waffle
Good morning! Today is a special day because...it's my birthday! I wish I could have my cake and eat it too, but there's no way my body can tolerate any of the sweets I really want. I'm pretty sure Halo Top is also a trigger for my pain attacks, so it's a tragic time. But in good news, my mom bought me a legit waffle maker for my birthday, so I was FINALLY able to make Mudhustler's famous Big Ass Waffle! It came out great and despite my diet woes, this definitely satisfied my sweet tooth.
What is a Big Ass Waffle, you ask? Literally a giant waffle that's only 3sp (Weight Watchers Smart Points). I've tried the recipe before, but my other waffle maker was just way too small and I failed miserably. This time it worked, and it was SO 👏 GOOD 👏. I used the Oster CKSTWFBF21 1-1/2-Inch Thick Belgian Flip Waffle Maker, Brushed Stainless Steel (pictures below).
Big Ass Waffle
- 1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes mix (2sp)
- 1 scoop or packet of Quest protein powder (1sp)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2/3 cup cold water (I use 1/2 cup to make it thicker)
- Toppings of your choosing (PB2 is 1sp)
- Turn on waffle maker and coat with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients (not toppings) into a bowl and mix until it forms into batter
- Pour mixture into the center of the waffle maker, close, put on medium heat, and flip (until the green button turns on, which should be about 5 minutes), then flip again (or just leave for about 5 minutes if you have a standard waffle maker)
- Remove from waffle maker and add toppings of your choosing
Something to note: This mixture makes about 1.5-inch waffles, so if you have a small waffle maker, you may need to repeat these steps 2-3 times. Too much batter in the gadget will turn into a messy disaster.
That's it! Hope you enjoy! And make sure to follow @mudhustler for other WW recipes.