When I heard about this concept, I was extremely skeptical. How can you make a pancake with just two ingredients? But I tried it and it's pretty amazing! The two ingredients you ask? Eggs and a banana. That's it.
- 2 eggs (4 SmartPoints, 0 SmartPoints on Freestyle)
- 1 large banana
- Any toppings you desire
- Coat a large non-stick pan with spray coconut oil and put on medium heat
- In one small bowl, beat eggs
- In another small bowl, smash the large banana until it's smooth and creamy
- Combine eggs and banana in one bowl and mix
- Scoop out 2 tbsp of the mixture into the pan to form a pancake
- Flip when golden brown on the bottom (about 2 minutes), and repeat (makes about 10 mini pancakes)
- Add any toppings you desire!
To be clear — no, these don't taste like your average fluffy pancake. I'm also always asked if you can taste the eggs and banana. You can, but it's pretty subtle — especially if you add toppings! I like to use peanut butter or honey as my dressing, and banana slices and cacao nibs or pomegranate seeds as the fruit.
What toppings would you try??